19-O11 Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
|ID||19-O11||# of Positions||1|
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario||Experience (years)||5|
|Status||Permanent full-time||Job Title||Intermediate Mechanical Engineer|
Mechanical Engineering - Building Services
Our Ottawa office is seeking a fluently bilingual, talented, and motivated Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is hard working and eager to increase their responsibilities and to take on a significant role within the company.
At Jp2g, you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers, and planners. Jp2g believes in employee empowerment. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your skills.
As a member of our professional team, you will be responsible for a variety of assignments for mechanical engineering projects to public and private sector clients. Your work will include HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, energy management, direct digital controls (DDC), investigations and reports.
Role and Responsibilities
These roles and responsibilities are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Jp2g.
- Work with the Department Manager to develop engineering concepts, concept reports, and construction budgets
- Review codes and obtain preliminary approvals where appropriate
- Complete design of mechanical systems (fire protection, plumbing, HVAC and controls) for building projects including selection of mechanical equipment
- Complete layout of plumbing, piping, ductwork and equipment through complex facilities integrating multiple mechanical spaces and systems
- Prepare documents to supplement drawings in project bid packages
- Perform contract administration
- Represent the mechanical portion of a project during the contract administration stage and carry out shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions and CCNs, review progress draws, etc.
- Perform site inspections and prepare field observation reports
Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Prepare fee proposals
- Assign and supervise delegated tasks for content and completion in assigned hours
- Coordinate mechanical systems installation requirements with other design disciplines
- Ensure proper coordination of documents with the other design disciplines
- Display initiative and resourcefulness in the performance of tasks
- Manage project tasks within assigned time and budget constraints
Leadership and Business Development
- Maintain existing business and develop new business opportunities
- Coordinate with industry, other disciplines, and clients
- Coordinate mechanical system installation requirements with other design disciplines
- Mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a consulting engineering office in the field of mechanical building services – fire protection, plumbing, HVAC and controls
- Professional Engineer, Licensed in the Province of Ontario
- Eligible to seek security clearances
- Fluently bilingual (French and English)
- Strong ability to work independently and in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Sound communications skills (oral and written) as demonstrated through client and staff relations
- Knowledge of OBC, NBC, ASHRAE, CSA, and NFPA standards amongst others
- Familiar with HVAC software (such as Carrier HAP and Trane Trace) and NMS specifications
- Familiar with AutoCAD and NMS specifications
- Familiarity with Revit is considered an asset
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Future shareholder opportunities
How to Apply
Please send your resume for consideration to: email@example.com
Subject line: 19-O11 Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Jp2g welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.