19-O06 Intermediate Electrical Designer
|ID||19-O06||# of Positions||1|
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario||Experience (years)||5+|
|Status||Permanent full-time||Job Title||Intermediate Electrical Designer|
Our growing Ottawa office is seeking a talented and driven Intermediate Electrical Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate is an experienced Designer with strong Revit modelling capability in electrical systems for buildings. The candidate is also expected to be proficient with AutoCAD.
At Jp2g, you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers, and planners. Jp2g believes in employee empowerment. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your skills.
The role and responsibilities for the Intermediate Electrical Designer include, but are not limited to, the following. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet Jp2g’s ongoing needs.
- Prepare electrical Revit models in coordination with other disciplines
- Follow Level of Development (LOD) progression to suit client requirements
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
- Provide input into the development of Jp2g’s Revit and CAD standards
- Perform electrical site investigations and surveys
- Ability to design lighting, power distribution, fire alarm, communication, public address, and intercom systems
- Develop electrical concept reports, condition reports and construction budgets
- Develop electrical designs for building systems including drawings and specifications
- Review codes and standards and obtain preliminary approvals where appropriate
- Represent the electrical portion of a project during the contract administration stage and carry out shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions and CCNs, review progress draws, etc.
- Perform site inspections during construction and prepare field observation reports
- Work with a team of project managers, engineers and technologists
- Coordinate with industry, other disciplines and clients
- Participate in meetings with clients and other consultants
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, other consultants, and key stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and to resolve concerns promptly and efficiently
- Manage project tasks within assigned time and budget constraints
- Ability to complete projects independently when required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in building electrical systems
- Strong Revit experience and capability
- Eligible to seek security clearances with the Federal Government
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Strong understanding of OBC, NBC, OESC, CEC and NFPA codes and standards
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced team environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Sound communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire for advancement and professional development
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Compensation and Benefits
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Future shareholder opportunities
How to Apply
Please send your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: 19-O06 Intermediate Electrical Designer
Jp2g welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for
candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a CISD security application (Level II Secret).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.