19-O04 Intermediate Structural Engineering Technologist
|ID||19-O04||# of Positions||1|
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario||Experience (years)||5+|
|Status||Permanent full-time||Job Title||Intermediate Structural Engineering Technologist|
Our growing Ottawa office is seeking a talented and driven Intermediate Structural Engineering Technologist to join our team. We’re looking for someone who is hard working, motivated to develop their capabilities, and eager to increase their responsibilities within the company.
At Jp2g, you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers, and planners. Jp2g believes in employee empowerment. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your skills.
The role and responsibilities for the Intermediate Structural Engineering Technologist include, but are not limited to, the following. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet Jp2g’s ongoing needs.
- Work with a team of project managers, engineers, and technologists
- Perform structural site investigations and surveys
- Develop structural concept reports, condition reports, and construction budgets
- Provide feedback on structural designs for building systems and implement design on drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with industry, other disciplines, and clients
- Represent the structural portion of a project during the contract administration stage: carry out shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions and CCNs, review progress draws, etc.
- Perform site inspections and prepare field observation reports
- Set up AutoCAD drawings as per the company’s standard
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
- Upon completion, verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
- Manage project tasks within assigned time and budget constraints
- Ability to complete projects independently when required
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, codes, and standards to sustain and improve technical skills
- Assist in researching new systems, resources, analytical processes, procedures and working practices to identify and implement changes to increase efficiency, productivity and overall profitability
- College Diploma in Architectural Technology or related field
- Eligible for certification with OACETT
- 5+ years of experience in the field of structural engineering for buildings (design and construction)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Eligible to seek security clearances with the Federal Government
- Knowledge of OBC, NBCC, CSA S16, CSA A23.3, CSA O86 and CSA S304
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced team environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Sound English language communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire for advancement and professional development
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong AutoCAD experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of significant projects
- Reliable vehicle access is required
- Experience with Revit
- Sound French language communication skills (oral and written)
Compensation and Benefits
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Future shareholder opportunities
How to Apply
Please send your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: 19-O04 Intermediate Structural Engineering Technologist
Jp2g welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for
candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a CISD security application (Level II Secret).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.